The B.A. in Family & Consumer Sciences enables a student to specialize in one of two emphases (Child and Family Sciences, Nutrition/Foodservice Systems Management). The common core of classes enables students to acquire an understanding of family relations/child growth and development, management dynamics, foods and nutrition, apparel design and merchandising, and interior design/housing as solutions to the physical, social, and psychological needs of individuals and families. Students pursuing this major, depending upon their areas of specialization, may complete field experiences in business, education, industry, government, or private agencies.
- Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) Requirements
- Four Year Suggested Course Road Map for Child and Family
- Four Year Suggested Course Road Map for Nutrition and Foodservice Systems Management
- Change of Major to FCS Policy
- Change of Major Form (Less than 96 units completed)
- Change of Major Form (Accuring 96 units or more)